Details was Condé Nast’s fashion and lifestyle magazine for men, specifically targeted toward a wealthy and sartorially-inclined readership. As part of a small web team in a huge corporation, I wore many hats as I created top-performing, optimized content to achieve editorial and marketing goals. After all, fashion stops for no one.
Sadly there are no clips left online after Details was absorbed into GQ. But feel free to ask me about my most memorable projects—they’re all archived in my brain.
As a web producer, I…
- Activated social media, increasing viewership and referral traffic with a new Twitter management strategy, marked by a more robust scheduling and engagement tactic; also managed Pinterest, Google+, and Tumblr
- Launched a weekly “Top 5 Stories” column and a weekly menswear trend slideshow to repackage existing content in innovative ways; contributed other blog posts and slideshows
- Coordinated with Web Director and Copy Editors for marketing and editorial strategy for newsletters; wrote, built, and deployed the biweekly emails (Wednesday and Saturday) in Silverpop
- Optimized feature fashion photography and illustration using PhotoShop and SEO best practices; conducted image research using Getty Images, Corbis Images, Montrose, Trunk, Flickr, and other resources
- Trained the editorial team in CMS, SEO, and other web practices to help them truly embody a digital-oriented approach to content